eRFC

two years of electronic ministry in the razorbacks for christ campus ministry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, November 09, 2000

Suppa Time [bringing good out of bad]

Hey y'all,

How are things? Great, thanks for asking. Just writing to remind you about supper in the Union this week at 5:45...that's right...5:45. Then don't forget about all the Bible studies and then the girls' prayer group at the student center and the guys' on Old Main lawn or in Old Main if it's raining. Both are at about 9.

Don't forget about the Hay Ride on Friday night. Eventually there will be maps at the student center. Ladies, don't forget about y'all's retreat next weekend. And to everyone who hasn't signed up yet, keep pestering your parents to let you go on ski trip. :)

Good job again tonight, Kaelin. I hope I'm not taking anything from you that you've planned for the next couple weeks but I'd like to point somethin' cool out about David and Bathsheba. It think it's cool how God takes bad things and brings good things out of them. David sinned multiple times when he got involved with Bathsheba. He lusted, committed adultery, caused Uriah to sin by getting him drunk, and then "murdered" Uriah by sending him to the front line of the army where he was sure to be killed. After Uriah died, David and Bathsheba married and as a result of David's sins, their first child died. However, their second child lived. Their second child was, guess who, Solomon. I think it's cool how out of a marriage that resulted from sin, God brought the wisest man and one of the richest kings of all time.

I think God still does the bomb diggity stuff like that today. A couple of weeks ago, I stayed up almost all night working on a project and then slept through the class it was for. When I went to apologize to my prof, I found out that the class had been cancelled. Cool, eh? He does it with bigger things, too. Maybe you were broken up with. It feels terrible, but maybe God has other things planned for you before you and your special someone come together. I sure hope so. :) Or, maybe the U of A wasn't your first choice for college, but now that you're here you wouldn't go somewhere else for anything. It's cool to think about, ain't it?

“As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.”
Psalm 18:30-36

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:8-11

“Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.”
Proverbs 19:21

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”

In Him,
Mitch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home