eRFC

two years of electronic ministry in the razorbacks for christ campus ministry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, April 26, 2001

Howdy [what is better]

Howdy!

Are you'ns having a good day? I hope so. Well, the Thursdays are quickly dwindling away. After today, there is only one or two left depending on your finals schedule. One for me! Ha! Anywho, remember that tonight we'll be eating dinner in the Union at 5:45ish. My flex dollars are long gone so I guess I'll have to fork out some cash or grab a quick bite at Brough before heading to the Union. Hope you can come.

This weekend there are two big things happening: There's a trip to Cotter for Staci's b-day/canoeing and there's also hoop-o-rama on Saturday morning. I think hoop-o-rama starts at 9am.

"As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:38-42

So many times, this time of year especially, we get distracted by all the things we feel we need to get done. We get distracted by tests, projects, and end of the year activities and fail to choose "what is better." We decide that we have too much studying to do to go to church/devo/Bible study/prayer group, read the Word, talk to God, or give our time to that person who needs an ear. We focus on what is seen rather than what is unseen. We forget that if we seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, all these things will be given to us as well. (Matt 6:33)

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:12,13

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor 4:16-18

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." 1 John:15-17

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" Psalm 56:3,4

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make you righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." Psalm 37:3-6

"My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around you neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones." Proverbs 3:1-8

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13


In Christ,
Mitch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home