eRFC

two years of electronic ministry in the razorbacks for christ campus ministry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, November 16, 2000

Suppa [making plans]

Hey everyone,

Just sendin' ya your weekly reminder about supper in the Union. Instead of 5:45, I'm going to try to get there around 5:30...the Gregson Bible study has been moved up to 6:30 because of the RFC co-ed intramural basketball game a 7:30 in the HPER. Come on down and watch if it doesn't conflict with your Bible study. Girls, don't forget about your retreat this weekend. I'm sure you'll have a big ole time.

Class was awesome as usual. Thanks for your email, Laura. Sorry but I don't have a 'mini' devo for you this week. I do have some verses for you:

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.”
1Peter 1:3-9

“Now listen, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.’ Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, ‘If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.’ As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.”
James 4:13-17

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my future and Gods plan for my life. I think we all are. It's something that goes along with being in college. I've had some new ideas recently for future possibilities and thinking about them has gotten me really pumped...I've seriously been filled with an “inexpressible joy.” I think it would be awesome if God would fulfill the ideas I've been brainstorming. But, I have to remember that He's the One making the plans. And, that whether he fulfills my ideas or he has something else in mind, either way, he's got great plans to use you and me as instruments for His glory. Let's all challenge each other and pray for each other that we can all put our lives in God's hands and see what great things He can do.

I guess I did include a mini devo after all.

In Christ,
Mitch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home